Thursday, August 7, 2008

Vegetarian Food?

Some people I know would turn up their noses when they hear a mention of vegetarian food; some have no clue and enquire as to what on earth that is; some even think that it takes superhuman ability to eat such food and that they aren't endowed with the skill required; and yet others would look down on you like you are a third world citizen without sufficient resources and discernment to eat decent meat food (among these are the ones who claim that they are '100% non-vegetarian' which I consider impossible). And there are also some who believe that if they have even a single meal without meat, they will lose all their physical strength and energy, and therefore succumb to weakness and illness. Very few of us are out there who truely admire, respect and value good veggie food.

I am not a total vegetarian - I eat vegetarian as well as non-veg food, but have a greater fondness and preference for vegetarian food. This blog is dedicated to simple and practical vegetarian food that I consume in my daily life. Living in this part of the world where I am, it is very difficult to come by vegetarian food - that's why I wouldn't even dream of turning into a complete vegetarian.

No comments: